Are Termite Treatments Effective?
Professional pest control companies typically use one of a few reliable, effective types of termite treatments that work to eliminate active infestations.
There are several termite treatments available and each has varying degrees of effectiveness in eliminating a termite infestation. If a reliable treatment is administered properly, termites can almost always be eliminated effectively. After treating a home for termites, it’s crucial to get regular treatments or maintenance in order to prevent another infestation. Thankfully, many professional pest control companies also guarantee whichever treatment they recommend to ensure you remain termite-free.
Which Termite Treatments Work Best?
There’s a lot of debate about which termite treatment works best, often comparing termiticides (Altriset) with baiting systems. Some of the advantages of Altriset includes the fact that this termiticide delivers an efficient termite control by means of stopping further termite damage within only hours after application. Altriset continues working for a minimum of 9 years, to ensure your home is protected from the costly threat of termites. The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control also uses XT-2000 Orange Oil, also known as D-limonene, which is an essential oil derived from orange rinds. A renewable resource and by-product of orange juice manufacturing, XT-2000 Orange Oil is a natural pesticide.
- How Altriset Works
- One of the experts from The Hitmen will apply Altriset in a trench that is half a foot deep around the foundation of the home.
- In some cases where it’s impossible to dig a trench, such as when there are concrete slabs or porches, drilling may be required to administer the Altriset.
- When termites come into contact with Altriset, they will unknowingly ingest and carry it on as they interact with other termites. Exposed termites will become paralyzed within hours, disabling them from feeding on their sources of wood.
- Within three months, the termites will become more and more lethargic until they die off completely.
- How XT-2000 Orange Oil Works
- The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control certified inspectors will first locate any areas of your home that are infested.
- We will then use a precise and comprehensive drill and treat method, injecting XT-2000 Orange Oil into infested walls.
- From there it will spread throughout the wood beams, eliminating termites and termite eggs on contact.
- Once the treatment is applied, your home will be left with and orange scent that will typically last 4 to 5 days.
Have termite questions?
Our experts are standing by, call now.
Do Termite Treatments Ever Fail?
Even when using the most effective treatment option, there’s no guarantee it will rid you entirely of your termite infestation upon the first try. Thankfully, companies such as The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control back up their treatment plans with a guarantee to ensure termites will be removed from your property and kept away for good! Using these highly effective methods will provide a continuous barrier of protection against your home.