Termite Season is Here: Termite Awareness Week
With spring just around the corner, it’s officially termite season. It’s also Termite Awareness Week across the nation, meaning it’s important to learn how you can keep these destructive pests away. This week and all year long, the team at The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control wants to prepare our customers for termites as well as help them learn how to prevent them. In this blog post, we’re sharing a series of informative videos on topics ranging from signs of termites to how to control termite infestations. Keep reading to learn how to stay termite-free in the North and East Bay Areas all year long.
Signs of Termite Activity in the Bay Area
Termites are infamously difficult to spot. However, there are five common signs you may have an infestation:
- Seeing swarmers, or winged termites
- Piles of wings shed by the warmers
- Mud tubes from subterranean termites
- Rotten, blistered, hollow-sounding wood
- Termite droppings, also known as frass
4 Ways to Keep Termites Away
Termite infestations can be random, but there are still several things you can do to lessen the risk of getting an infestation.
- Keep firewood and any mulch at a distance from the foundation of your home.
- Always remove excess wood from your property, including construction lumber, fallen trees, and stumps.
- Avoid moisture-damaged wood by promptly repairing leaky faucets and poor drainage problems.
- Ensure you have a continuous termite protection plan in place from your termite control team.
How to Get Rid of Termites
Here at The Hitmen, our goal is to make sure our customers are termite-free all year long. If you have a termite problem, you can trust we will implement the best termite treatment to get rid of the infestation ASAP. Our termite exterminators will be happy to customize a termite treatment plan suited to the unique needs of your home or business!