Rodent Exterminators – Control – Removal
Serving North Bay and East Bay Areas
Rodents are a big problem in the North Bay and East Bay areas. Whether you’ve dealt with mice or rats before, you know what a nuisance-they can be. Even worse, rodents can carry and spread disease, cause widespread structural destruction, and can contaminate entire buildings. The rodent exterminators at The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control have a rodent control program to rid the structures of these pests thoroughly and completely. With our team, you can say goodbye to rodent infestations for good.
Our Rodent Pest Control Services
If you have a rat or mouse problem, you’re going to need the help of a professional rodent exterminator. Getting rid of rodents yourself is difficult and does not address the root cause of the infestation. At The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control, our exterminators for rats will inspect your property to locate where the rodents are entering. In addition to rodent pest control for active infestations, we will put preventative measures in place to protect you from future problems.
Trusted Rodent Exterminators
When you work with the rodent pest control team at The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control, we will walk you through our rodent control process. We typically prefer rodent trapping methods to baiting, and focus on stopping infestations before they begin. Our rodent exterminators use traps as well as prevention methods to safely get rid of rats and mice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rodents
Rodents are one of the most common pest problems in the North and East Bay Areas. The most common pest rodents we deal with are:
- House mice: Adult house mice range in total size from 5-8 inches in length, including their tail. Their ears are moderately large and their bodies can be light brown to nearly black in color.
- Norway rats: These rats are relatively large. The average adult measures 16 inches in total length from its nose to the end of its tail and weighs about 12 ounces. They are known to burrow.
- Roof rats: Adult roof rats, sometimes called black rats, are medium-sized rats weighing 8 – 12 ounces and measuring about 16 inches from nose to tip of the tail.
Rats and mice share a lot of characteristics. As two of the most common rodents, they are both characterized by their ever-growing incisor teeth. Here’s where they differ:
- Mice are typically 2-4 inches in length, Some rats can measure up to 9 inches long.
- Rats have larger feet, a thick and hairless tail, and small ears.
- Mice, on the other hand, have larger ears and a long thin tail covered with hairs.
- Mice breed more rapidly and defecate more frequently.
Rodents are a year-round pest problem in the North Bay and East Bay Area. They do seem to be more problematic in the fall and winter. This is because the rodents will try to make their way inside your property to wait out the colder months. Once inside, they can cozy up in your attic, basement, and other areas. Rodent infestations spike in numbers starting in September and October. It’s important to get services from your local rodent control experts to help prevent infestations.
Yes, rodents are capable of biting you. While rare, a rat or mouse may bite in defense when they feel threatened or are being handled. This can be dangerous for several reasons. Rat saliva in some species carries dangerous diseases such as leptospirosis and hantavirus. In even more rare circumstances, bite victims may contract rat-bite fever or tetanus infections. Always seek professional medical attention when bit by a rat or mouse if you exhibit any symptoms.
Rodents can get inside your home or business easily. Rats in particular are excellent climbers and rats can jump from overhanging trees to access roof lines and attics. Mice can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime and rats only need a gap the size of a quarter. Rodents enter homes using gaps around dryer vents, utility pipes, exterior doors, chimneys, garage doors, and more. Rodent exclusion services with your local exterminator for rats can keep these pests out.
If you have a rodent infestation, it won’t be long until you begin to catch on to their activity. Look for the following signs of rats and mice in your property:
- Rat or mouse droppings
- Foul odors that may be the result of urine or feces
- Unexplained noises in your walls or ceiling
- Gnaw marks on door frames, wires, etc.
- Chewed up materials or nests
- Burrows or tunnels alongside your property
- Runways or tracks in the form of paw prints
In addition to damaging your home or business, rats pose a significant health threat. They spread disease, contaminate food and the house itself, and can cause extensive damage to your home. These dangers include:
- Rodents can contaminate surfaces with their feces and urine.
- Rats and mice have been tied to more than 35 types
- A rat or mouse infestation can cause structural damage to your home with their nesting habits.
- Due to their nonstop chewing, rodents can gnaw through electric wires and create a fire hazard.
Unless you have extensive knowledge of the behavior and habits of rats, it’s very difficult to find the source of the rat problem and to completely eliminate the population without the help of a rat and mice exterminator. DIY rodent control isn’t very reliable when you have a serious infestation on your hands. For that reason, it’s important to enlist the help of a professional when you want to get rid of rodents quickly.
Certified Green Rodent Control
Our GreenPro designation means we comply with procedures established by the NPMA’s GreenPro Committee to ensure our customers receive eco-effective services.
HAVE RODENT CONTROL QUESTIONS?
Our mice and rat exterminators are standing by—call now!
Our Rodent Removal Process
Here at The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control, we prefer to use techniques to get rid of the animals first, and then exclude them from your home. We will use some traps occasionally, but it’s not our main method of rodent control. Because we have over 35 years worth of experience, we know how to successfully rid your home of rats by preventing them in the first place.
Our rodent extermination program has three important steps:
- A thorough inspection to identify the species, where they’re nesting, and what factors are attracting them.
- Effectively placing traps in rodent traffic areas to rid the rodents before any structural damage is done.
- Exclusion repairs, eliminating all potential rodent entry points.
The Bay Area’s Best Rodent Control Company
Whether you want to prevent mice in your garage or keep rats out of your restaurant, the rodent exterminators at The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control are here to help. Contact our experts today to say goodbye to rodent problems.