Pantry Pest Control
Serving North Bay and East Bay Areas
Pantry pests are a very common pest in residential and commercial buildings alike. As their name suggests, pantry bugs are insects that infest dried goods such as flour and rice. These pests aren’t the most dangerous, but they are a major nuisance to deal with. The best form of pantry pest control is prevention, and the team at Western Exterminator, formerly Hitmen is here to share their top tips to keep them away.
Why Do I Have Pantry Pests?
Pantry bug infestations can start before you even bring them into your home! The insects often are already infested in bags of goods from the store. This is why they are often called “stored product pests”, especially in commercial industries. The pantry bugs infest items such as flour, rice, beans, dried fruits and nuts, seeds, pet food, and more.
Types of Pantry Bugs
In the North Bay and East Bay Area, these pantry pests are common:
- Cigarette Beetles
- Confused Flour Beetles
- Merchant Grain Beetles
- Rice Weevils
- Sawtoothed Grain Beetles
- Powderpost Beetles
- Indian Meal Moths
Exterminators for Pantry Moths
If you discover pantry bugs, don’t panic. Take out the infested items, and carefully and securely dispose of them. Thoroughly clean out your pantry before removing any items. If you are dealing with endless pantry pest problems, it’s time to call the pantry pest control experts at Western Exterminator, formerly Hitmen. Contact us today to learn more!
Certified Green Pantry Pest Control
Our GreenPro designation means that we comply with the procedures and systems established by the NPMA’s GreenPro Committee to ensure that our customers receive responsible, eco-effective pest control services.
HAVE PANTRY PEST QUESTIONS?
Our pantry pest control experts are standing by.
How to Prevent Pantry Pests in Your Home
They may be a nuisance pest, but are pantry pests harmful? The good news is that these pests won’t bite or transmit diseases to you and your family. But that doesn’t make them any easier to deal with! The best form of pantry pest control is prevention. Our best tips to prevent pantry bugs are as follows.
- Inspect your groceries. At the store and before bringing them indoors, check your purchased goods for any signs of damage.
- Use bay leaves. Sticking a bay leaf inside canisters of dry goods like flour or rice can repel pantry pest beetles.
- Securely store dry goods. To keep pests out, always store food and baking ingredients in airtight containers.
- Check expiration dates. Before you use your ingredients from a year or two ago, make sure to toss any expired items.
- Properly store seasonal items. Dried foliage, Indian corn, and other seasonal items should be kept in sealed containers while not in use throughout the year.