Identifying the Bugs in Your Bathroom
The moisture and humidity that accumulate in our bathrooms can turn a clean, pristine place into a breeding ground for all sorts of pests. Whether they’re looking for a source of drinking water, a warm and humid setting to live in, or other bugs to feed on, pests are likely to find what they want in your bathroom. Our technicians at Western Exterminator, formerly Hitmen are highly knowledgeable about the kinds of pests you might encounter in your North or East Bay Area bathroom—read on to learn about them!
Pests that Love Bathrooms
Messy bathrooms are prone to invite in all sorts of pests, but these three are some that we deal with regularly in the North & East Bay Area:
- Cockroaches: There are many reasons why cockroaches might be in your bathroom: moisture, food, hiding places, grime, or all of the above! We often find cockroaches in the dark, damp spaces in cabinets in our customers’ bathrooms.
- Silverfish: Similarly to cockroaches, silverfish love a humid environment. They are very poor climbers, though, so they will often be confined to the bottom of your sink, your shower floor, or your drains.
- Ants: Ants come crawling through our drains and the cracks in our walls to explore our bathrooms, looking for food and water. They might also be attracted to the sweet aromas of our hygiene products, like perfumes, body washes, and toothpaste.
How Do You Keep Pests Out of Your Bathroom?
Keeping a pest-free bathroom means maintaining a clean and dry environment consistently. When you’re cleaning your home, take extra care of your bathroom by:
- Checking for leaks in your sink, shower, and plumbing fixtures
- Cleaning up spills of body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, and other hygiene products
- Wiping down countertops to get rid of standing water
- Keeping your bathroom ventilated to reduce the level of humidity
Anything you can do to reduce the amount of moisture, filth, and clutter in your bathroom will contribute to a pest-free space!
Are Pests Taking Over Your Bathroom?
When you can’t seem to keep pests out of your bathroom on your own, your local pest control experts will be able to help. At Western Exterminator, formerly Hitmen, we leave no corner unchecked and no insect unaccounted for. We are familiar with the specific bathroom pest problems that North & East Bay residents face and will use our years of experience to get rid of whatever pests are bugging you. For a free estimate, contact us today!