When to Call a Hornet and Wasp Exterminator
Serving North Bay and East Bay Areas
Bees, wasps, and hornets pollinate our fruits, grains, and vegetables. They’re vital for the health of our planet! While we want these pollinators to continue their beneficial work, they’re not always the most helpful insects around human habitations. Allergic reactions to bees, wasps, & hornets are often serious, and can even be fatal. If nests are starting to form in or around your home, learn when to call a hornet and wasp exterminator before a potentially dangerous situation occurs!
Year-Round Hornet and Wasp Exterminators
Wasps and hornets are most active during late summer and early fall. Colonies are at their largest, and food sources are starting to be depleted. This is also the time when some species switch from eating sugary substances, to protein sources. Late summer is also when humans are most active outside. Backyard barbeques and parties can attract wasps & hornets, and these insects can become a real problem around the picnic table. If they find food resources in your backyard–they may not ever leave! If you feel like wasps are a threat to your property, don’t wait to act–call Hitmen Termite & Pest Control today!
Have pest questions?
Our experts are standing by, call now.
DIY vs Professional Hornet and Wasp Exterminators
If you have a hornet & wasp problem, you may be tempted to solve it yourself. Before you grab a can of wasp spray, take some time to carefully consider the following factors:
- If you are allergic to stinging insects of any kind, do not attempt to knock a nest down!
- Identify the wasp or hornet, so you know exactly which species you’re dealing with, and what their behaviors are. Identification can be tricky unless you know a lot about stinging insects, so proceed carefully.
- Knocking a nest down needs to be done very carefully. When their nest is threatened, wasps will do almost anything to defend and protect it.
- Nests bigger than a fist should be knocked down by a professional.
- Never spray inside of your building.
- If you’re going to spray before you knock a nest down, spray at night or early in the morning, when wasps and bees are least active.
- Always wear protective gear, like long sleeves and pants. This can help you to avoid a sting.
- Make sure to properly dispose of the nest, as well as any dead wasps you see.
Remember: wasps & hornets are unpredictable, and some species can be very aggressive. If you don’t know the species you’re dealing with, don’t take any chances: call for professional wasp control!
When it’s Time to Call a Hornet & Wasp Exterminator
The safest way to remove a nest is to call a professional. A licensed pest control company like Hitmen Termite & Pest Control can ensure that the infestation is safely destroyed. Professionals can also inspect your property, identifying other potential hazards or places where new colonies could be started. The Hitmen will work with you to make sure your needs are taken care of, any problems are addressed, and any nests are removed safely. If you’re concerned about bees or other stinging insects around your house, give us a call!
Back to Bee, Wasp, & Hornet Exterminators – Control – Removal