Get Rid of Hornets & Wasps
Serving North Bay and East Bay Areas
With so many kinds of bees and bee-like insects all over the North Bay Area, it can be impossible to figure out the best way to keep unwanted nests from popping up around your home. Hornets & wasps are actually of a different order of insect than bees altogether, and as such should be dealt with in different ways. Whether you’re wondering how to get rid of wasps in the yard or how to get rid of hornets in the ground, Western Exterminator, formerly Hitmen has the answers you need!
Wasps vs Hornets
The first step to removing hornets and wasps from your yard is to identify which insect is present. Hornets are actually a type of wasp, but they have a few distinct characteristics that set them apart:
- Their appearance: Wasps are thinner and smaller with more pronounced body parts. Hornets’ bodies are more rounded and feature lighter, redding-orange colors, as opposed to wasps’ strict black and yellow pattern.
- Their demeanor: Hornets are less trigger-happy than wasps, but when you seriously threaten them or their nests, they can dish out a sharp sting that is much more painful than your average wasp’s.
- Their living habits: Hornet nests can host up 100 individuals or more, while wasps tend to lean more to the lonesome side. Also, hornet nests are usually larger and higher off the ground, and while wasps will build their nests in any cavernous space, you’re more likely to find them lower to the ground.
Have pest questions?
Our experts are standing by, call now.
How to Get Rid of Wasps and Hornets
Once you discover a wasp or hornet nest near your home, it’s important to take certain precautions to protect yourself and your family from stings. Here are three ways to avoid any altercations:
- Don’t threaten their nest. Both hornets and wasps will sting people that appear to be threatening.
- Don’t swat them away. Hornets and wasps release a pheromone that signals danger to others in the area. If you swat one away, be prepared to deal with more.
- Call a professional pest control company. It can be dangerous and ineffective to try to remove wasp nests on your own. Reach out to your local wasp removal company for help.
Removing Wasps and Hornets in the North Bay Area
If you don’t know how to get rid of hornets naturally, you can trust in the wasp and hornet removal experts at Western Exterminator, formerly Hitmen to help. Our specialists have years of experience removing hornets and wasps from properties in the North Bay Area using humane techniques and eco-conscious products. Contact us today to find out more about how to get rid of wasps and hornets in your yard!
Back to Bee, Wasp, & Hornet Exterminators – Control – Removal