How to Prevent Bed Bugs in the North and East Bay
Three ways to prevent bed bugs are knowing the signs of bed bugs, taking precautions while traveling, and being wary of used furniture.
To prevent bed bugs:
- Thoroughly inspect used furniture before bringing it inside.
- Know how to recognize the signs of a bed bug infestation.
- Cover your bed with mattress protectors
- Inspect hotel rooms and store luggage properly when traveling.
- Keep your property clutter-free and clean as much as possible.
Can Bed Bugs Be Prevented?
Unfortunately, bed bug infestations are unpredictable and random. Anyone can be infested, even if your home, hotel, or other property is clean. Preventing bed bugs always starts with knowledge. If you know how to look for the signs of bed bugs at home and while you’re traveling, you can lessen the risk of getting an infestation down the line. Covering your mattress, inspecting rooms, and looking for signs of bed bugs in furniture can help protect you and your family from bed bugs!
Have pest questions?
Our experts are standing by, call now.
Best Bed Bug Prevention Tips in the North and East Bay
To lessen the risk of getting a bed bug infestation, implement the following tips.
- Recognize the signs of bed bugs. Fecal spots, blood spots, and bed bug bites are the top signs of bed bugs.
- Protect your mattress. Choose a protector that is resistant to holes and tears.
- Be careful when traveling. Research your hotel, pack clothes in vacuum-sealed bags, and store your luggage above-ground or in the bathtub.
- Stay wary of used furniture. Always thoroughly inspect secondhand items before you buy them or bring them inside.
- Cover power outlets. Electrical outlets are ideal hiding spots for bugs. Cover them with a simple plug!
- Regularly clean and inspect your home. Look for signs of bed bugs, vacuum your floor, check your pets’ bedding, and regularly clean your apatment!
What Attracts Bed Bugs to Your Home?
As mentioned earlier, there’s no real rhyme or reason to why some people get infested with bed bugs. These insects will happily infest any property that provides a food source. Once they’ve made themselves at home in your property, there are several things that may encourage them to stay. Bed bugs aren’t attracted to mess or clutter like other pests–rather, they are drawn to warmth and blood! This is why any homeowner can be susceptible to bed bug problems.