How to Prevent Ants in the Bay Area
Serving North Bay and East Bay Areas
Ants are the number one nuisance pest in the United States, and we’ve learned to deal with them–for the most part. But what happens when you have an infestation? When one or two ants turn into ten or a hundred, you have an ant problem! Prevention is the easiest way to make sure you won’t have to deal with ants any time soon. The experts at Hitmen Termite & Pest Control are here to help with some simple ant prevention tips to reduce your chances of unintentionally inviting ants into your home.
Ant Prevention Tips
There are several ant prevention tips that work to reduce your chances of getting an infestation. To know how to keep ants out, try out the following methods:
- Eliminate Sources of Water to Prevent Ants:
- Repair leaky pipes, and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Eliminate Sources of Food to Prevent Ants:
- Keeping your kitchen tidy will discourage ants from coming inside. If they can’t find food, they won’t come back!
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly to eliminate crumbs and sticky messes.
- Store any food in sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Use a lid on trash cans.
Have pest questions?
Our experts are standing by, call now.
- Eliminate Entry Points:
- Bathrooms, basements, the insides of walls, and in/around air conditioning and heating units are also known to attract ants, so make sure all entry points are sealed.
- Eliminate Ants from the Exterior:
- Take time to inspect the outside of your property for any large nests or signs of ant activity.
- Trees and bushes should be trimmed away from the building.
- Seal any cracks and crevices, paying attention to areas where utility pipes enter.
Year-Round Ant Prevention
Without the proper training and tools, battling ants can be an uphill battle. What’s worse, an infestation can continue to grow if it is not properly treated. Some species of ants can cause serious property damage (like carpenter ants) and others (like fire ants) can pose health threats to your family. Even species that are considered nuisance pests (like odorous house ants) can contaminate food. To avoid the frustration of an ant problem, it’s best to call an ant exterminator. The team at The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control can control any current infestations and help you learn the best ant prevention tips to keep them away for good.Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal