Ant Prevention Tips
Serving North Bay and East Bay Areas
Ants are the number one nuisance pest in the United States, and we’ve learned to deal with them–for the most part. But what happens when you have an infestation? When one or two ants turn into ten or a hundred, you have an ant problem! Prevention is the easiest way to make sure you won’t have to deal with ants any time soon. The experts at Hitmen Termite & Pest Control are here to help with some simple methods to reduce your chances of unintentionally inviting ants into your home.
Basic Steps to Prevent Ants
- Eliminate Sources of Water:
- Repair leaky pipes, and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Eliminate Sources of Food:
- Keeping your kitchen tidy will discourage ants from coming inside. If they can’t find food, they won’t come back!
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly to eliminate crumbs and sticky messes.
- Store any food in sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Use a lid on trash cans.
Have pest questions?
Our experts are standing by, call now.
- Eliminate Entry Points:
- Bathrooms, basements, the insides of walls, and in/around air conditioning and heating units are also known to attract ants, so make sure all entry points are sealed.
- Eliminate Ants from the Exterior:
- Take time to inspect the outside of your property for any large nests or signs of ant activity.
- Trees and bushes should be trimmed away from the building.
- Seal any cracks and crevices, paying attention to areas where utility pipes enter.
Professional Ant Extermination
It can be really difficult to get rid of ants, especially if they’ve had time to spread throughout your home or business. Without the proper training and tools, eliminating these pests can feel impossible. Whether carpenter ants are nesting in your crawlspace, or odorous house ants have taken up residence in your kitchen, there are ways to combat ants—you don’t have to live with them! Carpenter ants need to be taken care of as quickly as possible, so they don’t cause further damage.
Hitmen Termite & Pest Control knows exactly what it takes to eliminate ants from your home or business—for good! Give us a call today, and let us get rid of your ants!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal