5 Pests to Look Out For This Spring
Spring is finally here! Everyone rejoices in the return of warmer temperatures. Unfortunately, so do pests. Many pests that may have been less active in the wintertime ramp up every spring, which is only the start of the pest season. Because so many people in the North and East Bay Area already have spring cleaning routines in place, it’s the perfect time to implement pest prevention measures! Keep reading for expert tips from the team here at The Hitmen Termite & Pest Control.
Common Springtime Pests in Northern California
Pests of all types are common in the Bay Area all year long. However, we get a lot of calls for the following pests this time of year in particular. Those pests that cause property owners the most grief in the spring include ants, stinging insects (wasps and hornets), flies, termites, and rodents! Spring is simply the start of the pest season and can last well into the summer if pest control isn’t implemented right away. If you notice the signs of any of these pests, it’s important to act fast to prevent a full-blown infestation.
5 Tips to Help Prevent Spring Pests
Chances are, you have spring cleaning plans in place, right? Spring cleaning offers the perfect chance to implement pest prevention measures. Some of the ways you can lessen the risk of pests finding your home suitable include:
- Clean-out under furniture, wipe down surfaces, and inspect areas of your home that need some fixing up.
- Clean your windows and doors thoroughly. If you find any cracks or crevices make sure to securely seal them.
- Deep-clean your carpets and rugs. Vacuum, shampoo, or even steam cleaning works well.
- Sanitize and clean your kitchen with a focus on your appliances. Crumbs and spilled liquids welcome all types of insects and pests.
- Remove debris from your yard, and trim any shrubs or tree branches away from your home. Clear out your gutters and downspouts.
Do You Need Spring Pest Control?
Pest problems can be inevitable in California, all year long. Sometimes even your best efforts to prevent an infestation can prove futile. To safeguard your property against pests, the best thing you can do is team up with a professional pest control company. At The Hitmen, we will work with you to ensure you, your family, and your home is pest-free this spring and all year long.